Get ready for some fun and illuminating times the Glow in the Dark Summer Camp in Frisco, Texas! Our campers let their imaginations run wild participating in everything that is connected to “glow” and “dark”.
We know what you are thinking here…just a bunch of glow in the dark paint projects or something. Well of course we have glow in the dark painting!!! Plus, our teachers take the words GLOW and DARK seriously, and plan many activities that are derivatives of each of these words, linked together for each of our music, art, dance, theatre and spotlight camp classes for each day.
Just start thinking about all of the possibilities that can be associated with these words and you get most of the following:
- Black light
- Light without flame
- Intense color and slight shine
- Heightened color
And the reverse of glow:
- Total darkness
Teachers choose these types of ideas to create their weekly camp lesson plans, so start thinking of songs that have these words or feelings in the title, movies or plays with story lines inspired by these words, art projects as well, and the list goes on.
Each year our camp teachers like to change up specific projects, and in past years our GLOW IN THE DARK camp has included activities that campers keep coming back for, time and time again.
This camp is for ages 4-11, but if you have a 3 year old previously enrolled in the Musical Arts Schoolhouse school program, they may attend as well.
Activities Planned for Summer Camp:
- MUSIC: Music class will feature familiar songs. Campers will also learn about the parts of instruments! Campers will learn the musical alphabet and get some intro to piano learning!
- ART: There will be a featured artist. Campers will create a artistic piece. Lots of art and crafts.
- THEATRE: Theatre games/activities. Learning parts from popular movies and performances. Character costume making as well.
- DANCE: Ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap throughout the week. Learning fun combinations to modern song.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SUMMER: Academics with summer fun twists…Our spotlight class is more science and learning based with measuring and making “slime” and more, with a lighthearted summer camp spirit.
- Monday: Science Day
- Tuesday: STEM/Engineering
- Wednesday: No-bake Cooking
- Thursday: iPad/Table-top Activities
- Friday: Board Games Day
Camp is from 8:30am to 12:30pm each day. We offer early drop-off starting at 7:30am and after care available from 12:30-6pm is available for an additional fee to assist our working parents.
For more information on this and other summer camps available, download our brochure here: https://musicalartsschoolhouse.com/summer-camp-schedule/
Most children have a smooth transition into the routine of camp. However, some separation tears and “I don’t want to go to camp” anxieties are very understandable of young children.
Please help our teachers by following this routine to help your child assimilate into their classroom each day:
- Attend school in advance of the first day of our Frisco Summer Camp for a full tour, showing your child the classrooms, talking about the routine of the camp day, etc. You can call and schedule one now at 972-346-8236.
- Prepare your child with many conversations before camp starts, speaking with them about the morning routine (dressing, breakfast, driving to school), and about how you will be giving them a hug and kiss and wave goodbye in their classroom each morning, and be back later to pick them up.
- Then, stick with the plan when you arrive to our Frisco Summer Camp, even if we have some tears with our younger campers and drama (the teachers will nurture and comfort your child and help them get started in class activities with their new friends). We may have some tearful times for a short while, but we find that students usually settle down quickly when the see their friends happy at class.