Our take on this summer camp is MAD SCIENCE and CRAZY PROFESSOR all rolled into one.
The Musical Arts Schoolhouse will be hosting this Frisco Summer camp: Mad Science. You can call and verify space and availability now at 972-346-8236. Spots are limited and fill up quickly for this particular camp.
Things that seem illogical and crazy, but really do work scientifically and in real life. Since campers have music, art, dance, theatre and spotlight class each day at camp, our activities focus on everything that is associated with science and craziness in each class.
Kids come dressed up as scientist and aliens and other science based characters.
This camp is for ages 4-11, but if you have a 3 year old previously enrolled in the Musical Arts Schoolhouse school program, they may attend as well.
Each year our camp teachers like to change up specific projects, and previous camps have included activities like this:
Activities Planned for Summer Camp:
- MUSIC: In music class we choose silly/crazy songs and instruments that do not usually go together.
- ART: In art we choose inspiration from famous artists who combined very different mediums and were still successful with combinations of colors or mediums or crafts that are strange or seemingly opposites somehow.
- THEATRE: In theatre we create mixed-up characters and skits that jump themes and time periods.
- DANCE: Ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap throughout the week. In dance we mix ballet and hip-hop….whatever…with crazy fun music to go along!
- SPOTLIGHT ON SUMMER: Academics with summer fun twists…Our spotlight class is more science and learning based with measuring and making “slime” and more, with a lighthearted summer camp spirit.
- Monday: Science Day
- Tuesday: STEM/Engineering
- Wednesday: No-bake Cooking
- Thursday: iPad/Table-top Activities
- Friday: Board Games Day
Camp is from 8:30am to 12:30pm each day. We offer early drop-off starting at 7:30am and after care available from 12:30-6pm is available for an additional fee to assist our working parents.
For more information on this and other summer camps available, download our brochure here: https://musicalartsschoolhouse.com/summer-camp-schedule/
Most children have a smooth transition into the routine of camp. However, some separation tears and “I don’t want to go to camp” anxieties are very understandable of young children.
Please help our teachers by following this routine to help your child assimilate into their classroom each day:
- Attend school in advance of the first day of our Frisco Summer Camp for a full tour, showing your child the classrooms, talking about the routine of the camp day, etc. You can call and schedule one now at 972-346-8236.
- Prepare your child with many conversations before camp starts, speaking with them about the morning routine (dressing, breakfast, driving to school), and about how you will be giving them a hug and kiss and wave goodbye in their classroom each morning, and be back later to pick them up.
- Then, stick with the plan when you arrive to our Frisco Summer Camp, even if we have some tears with our younger campers and drama (the teachers will nurture and comfort your child and help them get started in class activities with their new friends). We may have some tearful times for a short while, but we find that students usually settle down quickly when the see their friends happy at class.