Executive Director of the Frisco School of Music and the Musical Arts Schoolhouse
Ms. Christine Duncan is the owner and Executive Director of the Frisco School of Music and the Musical Arts Schoolhouse. She has been a School Director and independent music teacher in the Dallas area since 1978.
Ms. Duncan holds a B.A. Degree in Piano Pedagogy and Music Theory from Michigan State University and is a Licensed Preschool Director (DFPS). She holds the highest level of certification with the Early Childhood Music and Movement Association, and is a past board member of that group. She held a faculty position at Greenhill School in Dallas for four years as an Early Childhood Music Specialist.
The Frisco School of Music began in 2000 and offers group and private music lessons in many instruments for all ages and levels plus Rock School Band, Pre-Ballet Dance Classes and Indian Classical Singing Classes. Also, Ms. Duncan (along with her business partner Steve South) is the founder and Director of the Musical Arts Schoolhouse which opened in Fall 2009; a unique performing arts preschool for 3-4-5-6 year olds, with private Kindergarten. Together, the schools have over 45 teachers, an amazing support staff and over 800 students.
Ms. Duncan is an active member of the Texas Licensed Childcare Association, Texas Music Teachers and Music Teachers National Associations, a charter member of the Carrollton Music Teachers Association, and has also been a member of the Plano and the Frisco MTA.
She is an advocate for family involvement in continued learning, and brings energy, enthusiasm and a joyful love of teaching to her lifelong pursuit of excellence in music and preschool education. Ms. Duncan lives in Little Elm TX and has two grown boys – one who is a working (and starving) jazz pianist.
- B. A. in Piano Pedagogy and Music Theory, Michigan State University 1978
- Early Childhood Music and Movement Association Level 3 Certification (highest level) 1997
- Frisco School of Music, Founder & Executive Director, 2000-Present
- Musical Arts Schoolhouse, Founder & Executive Director, 2009-Present
- Co-Founder and Director, Coppell Conservatory, 1998-2000
- Greenhill School, Early Childhood Music Specialist, 1994-1998
- Austin Grande Piano Studio, Owner and Independent Teacher 1978-1998
Awards & Accomplishments of Note:
- Licensed Preschool Director, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music, Permanent Certificate, Music Teachers National Association – Piano, Theory
- Founding, Charter Member of the Carrollton Music Teachers Association
- Member, Texas State Music Teachers Association
- Member, Music Teachers National Association
- Member, Texas Licensed Childcare Association
- Early Childhood Music & Movement Association, National Board Member 1995-1997
- State of Texas Notary Public, Commissioned October 2013
- Certified Raw Food Chef Level Three (highest level) 2010
- Living on Live Food Chef Certification, Alissa Cohen
- Little Elm Citizen’s Fire Academy Class Certificate, 2010