For June 18-22, 2018, the Musical Arts Schoolhouse will be hosting your little lions at our Frisco Summer camp: Jungle Safari. You can call to verify space and availability now at 972-346-8236. Spots are limited and fill up quickly for our music and performing arts camps.
Kids will rotate through classes like art, music, dance, theatre, academics and more! It is like 5 camps in 1 each day 🙂
We would love to see kids dressed up in their most fun pretend proud lions, cute panthers and more! It will add to the fun! But not necessary.
This camp is for ages 4-11, but if you have a 3 year old previously enrolled in the Musical Arts Schoolhouse school program, they may attend as well.
Activities Planned for Summer Camp 2018:
- MUSIC: Campers will be learning the history of the drum! The Jungle Book soundtrack will be featured this week in the music class and campers will even make their own drums!
- ART: Featured artist will be Joey Chou. Campers will make sock stuffed animals and really cool paper art this week.
- THEATRE: Going on a safari! Campers will be making props (suitcases/passports) so they can go on their trip. Improv games/activities.
- DANCE: Ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap throughout the week. Learning fun combinations to percussive instrumentals including specific African & Tribal movements.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SUMMER: Academics with summer fun twists
- Monday: Science Day
- Tuesday: STEM/Engineering
- Wednesday: No-bake Cooking
- Thursday: iPad/Table-top Activities
- Friday: Board Games Day
Our instructors like to mix up the daily activities each year with unique lesson plans tailored to the week’s theme, some of the past years’ activities include:
- Crafting jungle animal crafts
- Creating jungle inspired terrariums (don’t panic – no live animals will be sent home)
- In music, build rain sticks to emulate the jungle sounds
- Make some crazy music shakers and learn how to jam to the natural jungle rhythm
- Learning hip-hop, ballet, tap and jazz to jungle inspired music
- Make various animal inspired masks in Art Class
- Sing songs about all the jungle animals
- ….Generally monkey around
Camp is from 8:30am to 12:30pm each day. We offer early drop-off starting at 7:30am and after care available from 12:30-6pm is available for an additional fee to assist our working parents.
For more information on this and other summer camps available, download our brochure here: https://musicalartsschoolhouse.com/summer-camp-schedule/
Most children have a smooth transition into the routine of camp. However, some separation tears and “I don’t want to go to camp” anxieties are very understandable of young children.
Please help our teachers by following this routine to help your child assimilate into their classroom each day:
- Attend school in advance of the first day of our Frisco Summer Camp for a full tour, showing your child the classrooms, talking about the routine of the camp day, etc. You can call and schedule one now at 972-346-8236.
- Prepare your child with many conversations before camp starts, speaking with them about the morning routine (dressing, breakfast, driving to school), and about how you will be giving them a hug and kiss and wave goodbye in their classroom each morning, and be back later to pick them up.
- Then, stick with the plan when you arrive to our Frisco Summer Camp, even if we have some tears with our younger campers and drama (the teachers will nurture and comfort your child and help them get started in class activities with their new friends). We may have some tearful times for a short while, but we find that students usually settle down quickly when the see their friends happy at class.
If you are looking for a Frisco Summer Camp for your young children, this is a must attend week!